Sunday, April 09, 2006

Installers Reach Runnable Stage

Been working like a demon despite being on holiday from my holiday in Hanoi!!!

The installation components are now being rigourously tested by a new test-harness and as a result the call sequence and the mount operations performed by devices have been debugged and tweaked so that now the installation completes without problem.

It is still not a complete success - I need to check the log-writer is logging the writes to the root pages and I need to check the data device root pages are correct. After all that is done I will be able to test the non-create mount operation and move delicately onto testing the recovery logic which could be quite painful!

Found that VS2005 disconnected check-outs from Source Control work like a dream and my edits are checked in successfully and with a minimum of fuss (well once it worked out the network drive was back online that is...)

No comments: